Club Welfare Officers
The club has two welfare officers, currently Paula Robinson and Darren Corsby.
They have been through the England Athletics (EA) Safeguarding in Athletics course and registered as Bearbrook Runners welfare officers with EA.
They are responsible for:
- Building a club culture where members feel welcome, safe, included and supported
- Making sure every member knows who they are and how to contact them regarding any issue
- Ensuring that the welfare policy set out by UK Athletics and England Athletics are implemented by the club
- Reporting serious safeguarding concerns to UK Athletics and criminal issues to England Athletics
- Reporting urgent matters to the relevant care services or police
Any Bearbrook Runners member can raise any concern about the safety or welfare of yourself, or another member of the Club with either of our welfare officers in person or by email
The Welfare Officers will handle your matter confidentially and with sensitivity, in accordance with the UK Athletics and England Athletics safeguarding procedures