We have 3 awards centered around your race results within the club annually, the Championship, Handicap and Cross Country. The top 2 in each event will be recognised and receive their awards at the annual awards night.
All championships run from 1st January - 31st December
The road league championship will be based upon any race of standard distance, 5km to 20 miles, accurately measured and certified, plus any one marathon may be counted towards the championship. Points will be allocated for each race with the best six races being taken as the final points tally. The Club Results Officer will be the final arbiter on the eligibility of a race for inclusion in the championship.
- road races only
- 5km, 5 miles, 10km, 9 miles, 10 miles, Half Marathon, 15 miles, 20 miles, Marathon
- Best 6 races used as points tally
- Only 1 Marathon may be counted
- Points will be based upon age-graded performance, which is a percentage value of the UK best ever performance for a competitors age group and gender
- Five bonus points awarded for either a lifetime PB or Age Category PB (pb points will not be awarded the first time you run a distance). The maximum PB points for the championship you can get is 30 (i.e 6 races x 5)
- Distance bonus points of one point for every 3 miles added to total
In addition to the age-graded competition there will also be a handicap competition in which competitors will be given a handicap based upon their best times for a 10km road and half-marathon race during the past 2 closed years.
Scenario 1 - You have not ran a 10k or half marathon within the past 2 years. You will not have a handicap bonus
Scenario 2 - You’ve ran a 10k but not a half marathon within the past 2 years. Your half marathon time will be calculated using your 10k time by multiplying it by a factor of 2.2.
Scenario 3 - You’ve ran a half marathon but not a 10k within the past 2 years. Your 10k time will be calculated using your half marathon time by dividing it by a factor of 2.35.
Scenario 4 - You have ran both a 10K and a half marathon within the past 2 years. These times are used to calculate your handicap bonus.
It is in everyones best interests in terms of getting a favourable handicap bonus to have ran both a 10k and a half marathon within the previous 2 years. If one of your times needs to be calculated the times calculated will likely be faster than what you feel you are able to achieve. This is a penalty for having not completed both events but will still allow you to compete in the handicap and have a fighting chance still of winning it.
The points from each age-graded/championship performance will be increased by the handicap percentage.
- Same as Championship
- Same as Championship
- Same as the Championship except your total race points will be multiplied by your handicap %
The Cross Country championship will be based upon a series of selected races (see below) for which points will be allocated. Points will be allocated for each competitor's best 2 Chiltern League races and further points will also be allocated for each competitor's best Tring Park Run out of the two races listed below. The best overall four results will count towards the championship. Points will be based upon Age Graded Performance, which is a percentage value of the UK best performance for a competitor's age group and gender. The age-graded scores will be increased by a predetermined "level of difficulty percentage" that is based on the degree of difficulty of each racecourse.
- Cross Country races (see below)
- Chiltern League Races
- Tring Park run (from the two dates below)
- Best overall four results will count
- This can only include a maximum of 2 Chiltern League results
- This can only include a maximum of 1 Tring Parkrun
- Based upon age graded performance your total race points will in addition be multiplied by the level of difficulty % for the course
|Bucks County XC Championship||17||January||Sat 4th Jan|
|Cliveden XC||16||January||Sun 12th Jan|
|Hardwick X-Stream||20||February||Sun 16th Feb|
|Wendover Woods 10K||17||March||Sun 1st Mar|
|Wendover Woods 1/2 Marathon||17||March||Sun 1st Mar|
|Ashridge Boundary Run||11||March||Sat 14th Mar|
|Beaconsfield 5 mile||10||April||Mon 13th Apr|
|Wendover Woods Parkrun||11||May||Sat 9th May|
|Bledlow Ridge Off-Roader 10K & Half||12||May||Sun 17th May|
|Otmoor Challenge||10||June||Sat 6th Jun|
|Aldbury 5 mile||15||June||tba|
|Watlington Summer 10k||14||July||tba|
|Wendover Woods Parkrun||11||September||Sat 26th Sep|
|Ley Hill Challenge||17||October||Sun 4th Oct|
|Ridgeway Run||12||October||Sun 11th Oct|
|Frieth Hilly 10k||12||October||
|Dirt 1/2 Marathon||7||November||tba|
|Herberts Hole (Chesham)||14||November||tba|
|Rugged Radnage 10K||13||November||Sun 15th Nov|
|Watlington Winter 10K||14||December||tba|
Any questions about any of the championships please email them to the Championship Officer.