For 2022 there are 2 awards centered around your race results within the club, the Championship and the Cross Country. The top 2 in both events will be recognised and receive their awards at the annual awards night.
The Handicap award will return for 2023.
Both championships run from 1st January - 31st December
The road league championship will be based upon any road race of standard distance, 5km to 20 miles, accurately measured and certified, plus any one marathon may be counted towards the championship. Points will be allocated for each race with the best six races being taken as the final points tally. The Club Results Officer will be the final arbiter on the eligibility of a race for inclusion in the championship.
- Road races only
- 5km, 5 miles, 10km, 7 miles, 10 miles, Half Marathon, 15 miles, 20 miles, Marathon
- Best 6 races used as points tally
- Only 1 Marathon may be counted
- Points will be based upon age-graded performance (AGP), which is a percentage value based on the tables created by World Masters Athletics (WMA). AGP allows easier comparison of competitor's results regardless of age, gender or distance.
- Five bonus points awarded for either a lifetime PB or Age Category PB (pb points will not be awarded the first time you run a distance). The maximum PB points for the championship you can get is 30 (i.e 6 races x 5)
- Distance bonus points of one point for every 3 miles added to total
The purpose of this award is to take into account how well competitors have improved from previous years. The Handicap is the same as the Championship plus handicap bonus points. Each competitor's handicap bonus is based upon their best times for a 10km road race and half-marathon road race during the past 2 closed years.
Since COVID has largely impacted racing events over the past two years, many runners will not have acheived a 10K and half marathon time so will not have a handicap bonus. For this reason, the Handicap will not take place during 2022.
The Handicap will return for 2023 and the handicap bonus for each runner will be calculated on their best 2022 10K and half marathon times. It is in everyones best interests in terms of getting a favourable handicap bonus to have run both a 10k and a half marathon within 2022. Competitors will have a more favourable handicap bonus if they have run both a 10K and a half marathon during 2022. If competitors have only run one of these events, they can still acheive a handicap bonus but it will be less favourable. If competitors run neither of these events during 2022, they will not have a handicap bonus.
The Cross Country championship will be based upon a series of selected races (see below) for which points will be allocated. The best overall points tally from any six races will count towards the championship. Points will be based upon Age Graded Performance, which is a percentage value of the UK best performance for a competitor's age group and gender. The age-graded scores will be increased by a predetermined "level of difficulty percentage" that is based on the degree of difficulty of each racecourse.
- Cross Country races listed below
- Chiltern League Races
- Wendover Park run (from the two dates below)
- Best 6 races from the list below used as points tally
- This can be any combination of XC races including Chiltern League races and Wendover Parkruns listed below.
- Races not in the list below do not count.
- Based upon age graded performance your total race points will in addition be multiplied by the level of difficulty % for the course
|Race(s)||Difficulty %||Dates for 2022|
|Bucks County XC Championship||17||Sat 8th January|
|Chiltern League - Milton Keynes||20||Sat 15th January|
|Chiltern League - Shuttleworth College||20||Sat 19th February|
|Hardwick X-Stream||13||Sun 20th March|
|Ashridge Boundary Run||11||Sat 19th March|
|Wendover Woods 10K||17||Sun 3rd April|
|Wendover Woods 1/2 Marathon||17||Sun 3rd April|
|Beaconsfield 5 mile||10||Mon 18th April|
|Gaddesdon Gallop||10||Sun 1st May|
|Cliveden XC||16||Sat 7th May|
|Wendover Woods Parkrun||11||Sat 14th May|
|Bledlow Ridge Off-Roader 10K & Half||12||Sun 22nd May|
|Otmoor Challenge||10||Sat 11th June|
|Aldbury 5 mile||15||Sun 12th June|
|Watlington Summer 10k||14||Sun 19th June|
|Shardloes 10k||11||Sun 18th September|
|Wendover Woods Parkrun||11||Sat 24th September|
|Ley Hill Challenge||17||tba|
|Ridgeway Run||12||Sun 9th October|
|Frieth Hilly 10k||12||Sun 16th October|
|Burnham Beeches 10K||10||Sun 14th August|
|Burnham Beeches Half Marathon||10||Sun 14th August|
|Dirt 1/2 Marathon||7||Sat 19th November|
|Wendover Woods 5 Mile||17||Sun 20th November|
|Wendover Woods 10 Mile||17||Sun 20th November|
|Herberts Hole (Chesham)||14||tba|
|Rugged Radnage 10K||13||Sun 20th November|
|Watlington Winter 10K||14||tba|
The Phil Woodage Trophy
This new award aims to recognise member's racing endeavours and to recognise those that engage in supporting club events and meets. Points are awarded every time race participants wear the Bearbrook vest. In this way, especially locally, we hope to increase the visibility of the club to potential new members and thereby encourage membership growth. Points are also awarded to those who 'don' the marshal vest or assist with the running of Bearbrook events and meets, the success of which, relies entirely on club volunteers. Since points are awarded for participation, not race times, everyone has an equal chance to win this prize. In true Phil Woodage fashion, especially at club running events, greater participation helps promote team spirit whereby we can all realise our running ambitions, share our running successes and disappointments and establish lifelong friendships.
- 2 points for wearing the club vest during any officated race including Parkruns
- 2 points for volunteering for the Hardwick X-Stream, Bearbrook 10K, Ridgeway, Bearbrook Dualathlon. Other Bearbrook events may also be included
- 2 points for bringing up to one family member/friend to volunteer at one of the Bearbrook events
- 1 point for Mon/Wed/Sun Run Leaders and Tail Enders
Members are reponsible for making sure race times and events are recorded correctly on the Results page
Any questions about any of the championships please email them to the Championship Officer.