Chiltern league is a series of FREE off road cross country races where Bearbrook compete against other clubs from around the local area. The more members we have racing the more points we stand to get and/or take away from other clubs. Whether you consider yourself a speed demon or not doesn’t matter every competitor counts!
It’s HARD WORK!
There is ALOT of CAKE afterwards!
These races are competitive at all levels, off-road, through fields, up hills, sometimes with a bit of mud. Women run roughly 4 miles and men 6 miles with starting guns at 1:15pm & 2pm.
Chiltern League consists of 5 races between Oct-Feb, they always take place on a Saturday - see fixture list below.
On race day you can either meet at the venue or meet at Rivets for a car share with your fellow team mates. We have a gazebo/tent that we take with us for changing, keeping warm/dry and for stuffing our faces with cake afterwards. It's a great day out and a great way to join in the Bearbrook spirit/banter, it is also covered in your membership fees so you have no excuse for not coming along.
We need a minimum 5 ladies and 8 men for each race otherwise our scores do not count as a club.
What do I need for Chiltern League?
- Race Number - You will need a race number and will keep this number for every race in the series. Losing your number will result in a small fee for a new one.
- If you ran Chiltern League last year, then we’ll automatically register you with a number for the following season (provided your still a club member)
- If you’ve never raced before, you will need to send an email to Graham Foulkes email@example.com asking to be registered for Chiltern League and include your name and date of birth
- Club Vest - You MUST wear a club vest on the day, this is part of the rules of the race. If you want to purchase one please speak to Lisa Ripley, failing that just let us know and we’ll find you a spare to race in. Posting something on facebook will likely get the fastest response to borrow a club vest.
- Shoes - Weather leading up to the first meet (October) you might get away with road shoes, after that you will most certainly need either off-road shoes or spikes. Our advice is to talk with some experienced club members on this, everyone is different and you'll likely get a slightly different opinion on whether to use off-road shoes or spikes, although the majority will say spikes.
- Kit Bag - change of clothes, you might get wet/muddy and a hoodie/coat to keep warm whilst waiting around. It has become tradition for the ladies to show off their baking skills at these events whilst the men show off their cake eating abilities but don't let that stop any guys out there from becoming the next master baker!
2019/2020 Fixture List
|Race No.||Date||Race Location||Post Code||Rivets Meetup Time|
|2||09-Nov-2019||Teardrop Lakes (Milton Keynes)||MK5 8PA||11:30|
|3||07-Dec-2019||Luton (Stopsley)||LU2 7XP||11:30|
|5||08-Feb-2020||Campbell Park (Milton Keynes)||MK9 4AD||11:40|